Retail betting clients are software applications that allow customers to place bets in betting shops and online. For bookmakers, the right retail betting client is crucial for attracting and retaining customers in a competitive betting market.
In this article, we review the 10 best retail betting clients available and what makes them stand out.
What is a Retail Betting Client?
A retail betting client provides the interface that allows customers to place bets both in physical betting shops and online through a bookmaker’s website or app.
Retail betting clients offer features like:
- Various bet types (spreads, moneylines, totals)
- Live in-play betting
- Cash out options
- User account management
- Deposits and withdrawals
Top retail betting clients also provide extensive sports data and analytics to facilitate betting. They allow bookmakers to set odds and risk limits.
For customers, the retail betting client is their gateway to placing bets efficiently. The best clients offer speed, reliability, ease of use, and flexible options to wager.
For bookmakers, the right retail betting client is key to competing in the sports betting industry. The client should have the tools to attract customers, maximize revenue, and minimize risk.
10 Best Retail Betting Clients for Bookmakers
Based on market share, reputation, and product features, here are the top 10 retail betting clients available today:
As one of the most widely used B2B sports betting platforms globally, Kambi powers betting sites for DraftKings, Kindred Group, and more. Its flagship betting client is known for:
- Intuitive interface and betting slip
- Extensive live betting capabilities
- Built-in responsible gaming features
2. IGT PlayDigital
IGT PlayDigital provides the technology behind major betting brands like Caesars and Lottomatica. Its sports betting clients offer:
- Fast bet placement and acceptance
- Player promotions and loyalty programs
- Robust risk management tools
3. Scientific Games Digital
Scientific Games serves 150+ sports betting operators worldwide with clients that offer:
- Customizable user experiences
- Cross-platform account management
- Powerful betting data and analytics
SBTech provides innovative sports betting solutions to bookmakers like ComeOn and 10Bet. Key client features include:
- Extensive live stats and streaming
- Rapid bet settlement
- Automated risk monitoring
Part of Genius Sports, Betgenius works with top-tier sportsbooks such as bet365. Its retail betting clients have:
- Low-latency live betting
- Cash out and edit bet functionality
- Built-in marketing tools
A Sportradar brand, Betradar serves 90+ countries with its sportsbook solutions. Its retail betting clients are known for:
- Comprehensive live betting content
- Virtual sports and lotteries
- Multi-channel delivery
BetConstruct works with regional operators like Fonbet and Bingo Boom. Its retail betting clients offer:
- 3,000+ live events each month
- Bet builder and request-a-bet functionality
- Native apps for online/mobile
Digitain provides betting solutions to operators globally with clients that include:
- Multi-platform capability
- Automated risk and liability management
- Player retention programs
Finnplay offers on-premise betting terminals and online sportsbook solutions. Its retail betting clients feature:
- eInstant virtual games
- Flexible odds and risk tools
- Localized interfaces
10. Kiron Interactive
Kiron supplies virtual sports betting content to clients like Betway and Betsson. Its solutions provide:
- Lifelike 3D virtual sports simulations
- Localization for 60+ countries
- Real-time odds and stats
Evaluating Betting Clients for Your Needs
The best retail betting client depends on your bookmaking operation’s specific needs and target customers.
Important evaluation criteria include:
- Odds and bet types – Does the client offer competitive pre-match and in-play odds for major and niche sports?
- Market coverage – Does it cover the markets you want to offer betting for?
- Performance – Will it reliably handle customer volumes and transactions?
- Usability – Is the interface intuitive and easy to use for your customers?
- Omnichannel access – Can customers access it through retail shops, desktop, mobile?
- Promotions – Does it support bonuses, loyalty programs, and CRM?
- Risk tools – Are the risk and liability management tools sufficient?
- Reporting – Does it provide the data analytics you need on customers and operations?
Choosing the right retail betting client is integral to giving customers a great betting experience and gaining an edge in the market. The clients profiled here provide the capabilities to build a successful sportsbook both in retail locations and online.